FYI: Tucson and Pima County Ordinances
Keep Your Yard Clean From Litter and Invasive Plants
City codes for maintaining your home (including the street in front of your home) are available at https://www.tucsonaz.gov/files/pdsd/Code-Enforcement/Code_Enforcement_Brochure.pdf
To know which plants growing are bad or invasive, see the watershed management group newsletter https://watershedmg.org/sites/default/files/documents/2014-nov-watershed-management-group-newsletter.pdf
To see code violations already reported in Feldman's CLICK HERE
To make a code violation report on-line CLICK HERE or call:
520-791-3173 or 520-791-5843, 9:30-4:00 M-F
Laws About Unruly Gatherings and Red Tags
Red Tags are never as easy as 1 2 3! Get to know the procedures, benefits, and risks of reporting unruly gatherings to have a successful outcome.
Unruly gatherings are defined as "a gathering of five (5) or more persons on any private property (including property used to conduct business) in a manner which causes a disturbance of the quiet enjoyment of private or public property by any person or persons." This can be any time of day. Disturbances include, bur are not limited to: excessive noise or traffic, obstruction of public streets by crowds or vehicles, drinking in public, service of alcohol to minors or consumption of alcohol by minors, figting, disturbing the peace, littering
The reporting procedure flyer provided by the Jefferson Park Neighborhood in partnership with the Tucson Police Department Red Tag Unit is very informative.
Trash and recycling
· Containers can be set out beginning at 5 p.m. the preceding day and stay out until 8 p.m. on the day of collection.
· Noise ordinances prohibit sounds that are plainly audible beyond the property line and that disturb the peace and quiet of a neighborhood or person.
· Consider leaving your phone number with your next-door neighbors to let them know if you plan a party that so they can call you if your party gets too loud.
· Suggestion: While excessive noise may disturb neighbors during any hour, be especially mindful of your noise during the hours of 10 p.m. - 6 a.m.
· Please consider keeping your windows and doors shut to keep party noise in. Be mindful when coming home late from an outing to keep noise down.
· Allowing party guests to litter, drink in public, or block the street is also forbidden under this ordinance.
Davis Montham Air Force Base Noise Concerns
· Submit a form about noise concerns: https://www.dm.af.mil/Contact-Us/Noise-Concerns/